Observations, relative chiefly to picturesque beauty : made in the year 1772, on several parts of England : particularly the mountains and lakes of Cumberland and Westmoreland ... / by William Gilpin ...
- London : Printed for R. Blamire, 1786.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., maps ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 C9 G4 1786Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 183.
BAC copy is Abbey copy.
Half t.p. reads: Observations on the mountains and lakes of Cumberland, and Westmoreland.
- Subject Terms:
- Anna Maria, Countess of Lincoln -- Autograph.Blamire, R. -- Printer.Cumberland (England) -- Description and travel.Great Britain -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Great Britain -- Description and travel.Picturesque, The.Westmorland (England) -- Description and travel.
- Aquatints -- 1786.
YCBA Collections Search
Gilpin, William, 1724-1804, Observations, relative chiefly to picturesque beauty , 1786
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.