IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Sassoon, Siegfried, 1886-1967, Memoirs of a fox-hunting man , MCMXXIX 
Memoirs of a fox-hunting man / by Siegfried Sassoon ; with illustrations by William Nicholson ...
- Illustrated edition.
- London : Faber & Faber Limited, MCMXXIX 
- Physical Description:
- 295,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR6037.A86 M4 1929Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BEIN 2010 483: Advance copy with eight illustrations, including the frontispiece by George Sherston. Ms. note on front flyleaf "One of "2 or 3 advance copies" with the frontispiece. An unopened copy." Dust jacket. From the library of William S. Reese.
BAC: British Art Center copy: Sporting 1926. Regular edition. Red morocco; gold foxhead on front cover, gold lettering on front cover and spine, blind stamped on front and back covers, gilt on front and back covers and spine, all edges gilt. Illustrations, plates. Illustrations by William Nicholson. Spine height: 8 3/4 inches.
"Illustrated edition, first published October MCMXXIX ... Printed in Great Britain at the Chiswick Press, London ..."--Title page verso.
"The book was to contain a frontispiece representing the author, but this was suppressed after the binding of two or three advance copies"--Keynes.
Also issued in a limited edition of 300 copies. See: Keynes, A30e.
Keynes, G. Bibliography of Siegfried Sassoon, A30d
Campbell, C. William Nicholson : the graphic work, 193a
BAC: British Art Center copy lacks dust jacket. Bound in full gold-tooled morocco by Sangorski & Sutcliffe.
- Subject Terms:
- Reese, William S. -- Ownership.Sassoon, Siegfried, 1886-1967.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.