Roe, Albert S, Blake's illustrations to the Divine comedy , 1953
Blake's illustrations to the Divine comedy / by Albert S. Roe.
- Princeton : Princeton University Press, 1953.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 216, , 103 pages of plates : illustrations ; 31 cm. and xiii, , 219,  p., 103 [i.e. 112] p. of plates : ill., ports. 31 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18 B57 A15 D35 R64 1953 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- BEIN Meriden Gravure 1599: Dust jacket. Bookplate of Meriden Gravure Company. Accompanied by Newspaper clipping. From the collection of the Meriden-Stinehour Press.
"A revision and condensation of a study undertaken originally as a doctoral dissertation at Harvard University"--P. [vii].
Includes reproductions of all the [collotype] plates in the portfolio published in 1922 by the National Art-Collections Fund, London, under the title Illustrations to the Divine comedy of Dante by William Blake--P. [vii] and t.p. verso.
Bibliography: p. 207-210.
- Subject Terms:
- Blake, William, 1757-1827. Illustrations to the Divine comedy of Dante.Dante Alighieri, 1265-1321 -- Illustrations.Meriden Gravure Company -- Bookplate.Meriden-Stinehour Press -- Ownership.