Steffen, Randy, 1917-, The horse soldier, 1776-1943 , c1977-1979
- The horse soldier, 1776-1943 : the United States cavalryman, his uniforms, arms, accoutrements, and equipments / by Randy Steffen ; ill. by Randy Steffen.
- 1st ed.
- Norman : University of Oklahoma Press, c1977-1979.
- Physical Description:
- 4 v. : ill. (some col.) ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 2126Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Includes indexes.
BAC: British Art Center copy: 4 volumes. Dark blue cloth; red labels with gold lettering on spine, gold lettering on spine. Blue and yellow dust jacket; white and red lettering on spine. Volume I: The Revolution, the War of 1812, The Early Frontier 1776-1850. Volume II: The Frontier, the Mexican War, the Civil War, the Indian Wars, 1851-1880. [Second printing, 1979]. Volume III: The Last of the Indian Wars, the Spanish-American War, the Brink of the Great War, 1881-1916. Volume IV: World War I, the Peacetime Army, World War II, 1917-1943. Illustrations, color plates, plates. Illustrations by the author. Spine height: 12 3/8 inches.
- v. 1. The Revolution, the War of 1812, the early frontier, 1776-1850.--v. 2. The frontier, the Mexican war, the Civil War, the Indian wars, 1851-1880.--v. 3. The last of the Indian wars, the Spanish-American War, the brink of the Great War, 1881-1916.--v.4. World War I, the peacetime army, World War II, 1917-1943.
- Subject Terms:
- United States. Army. Cavalry -- Equipment -- History.United States. Army. Cavalry -- History.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.