Hogarth on high life. The Marriage à la mode series, from George Christoph Lichtenberg's commentaries. Translated and edited by Arthur S. Wensinger with W. B. Coley.
- Additional Title(s):
Ausführliche Erklärung der Hogarthischen Kupferstiche. Pt. 4. English
- [1st ed.]
- Middletown, Conn., Wesleyan University Press 
- Physical Description:
- lii, 150 p. illus., 6 fold. plates. 39 cm.
- Reference LibraryFolio F N 94Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- BEIN Meriden Gravure 1634: Bookplate of the Meriden Gravure Company. Accompanied by newspaper clipping. In slipcase as issued. From the collection of the Meriden-Stinehour Press.
Translation of pt. 4 of the author's Ausführliche Erklärung der Hogarthischen Kupferstiche.
Appendices (p. 115-147): I. Lichtenberg on the Hogarth commentaries: extracts from certain of his letters.--II. Jean-André Rouquet's Explanation of the prints entitled Marriage à la mode.--III. Marriage a-la-mode: an humorous tale, in six cantos in hudibrastic verse.
Bibliography: p. 148-150.
- Subject Terms:
- Greenberg, Richard -- Ownership.Hogarth, William, 1697-1764.Meriden Gravure Company -- Bookplate.Meriden-Stinehour Press -- Ownership.
YCBA Collections Search
Lichtenberg, Georg Christoph, 1742-1799, Hogarth on high life,