Borgia, Lucrezia, 1480-1519, The prettiest love letters in the world , 1987
- The prettiest love letters in the world : letters between Lucrezia Borgia & Pietro Bembo, 1503 to 1519 / translation and preface, Hugh Shankland ; wood engravings, Richard Shirley Smith.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Messer Pietro mio. English
- London : Collins Harvill, 1987.
- Physical Description:
-  p. in various pagings : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMSS 17 Moss no. 113Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Roger W. MossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View finding aid for the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith
- Translation of: Messer Pietro mio.
First English trade edition.
Handset in 14-point Monotype Bembo.
Moss, R.W. Richard Shirley Smith, 113
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original red cloth; dust jacket illustrated with Shirley Smith engravings.
BAC: From the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith.
- Subject Terms:
- Authors, Italian -- 16th century -- Correspondence.Bembo, Pietro, 1470-1547. Correspondence.Borgia, Lucrezia, 1480-1519 -- Correspondence.Collins Harvill -- Publisher.Papal States -- Nobility -- Correspondence.
- Wood engravings -- 1987.
Dust jackets (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.