Abbott, Edward, 1737-1791, A set of new designs for coach & chariot bodies =, 1763
- A set of new designs for coach & chariot bodies = Receuil de diverse nouveau desseins en carosses et carosses coupé / by Edw. Abbott, painter.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Recueil de diverse nouveau desseins en carosses et carosses coupe
- London : [A. Webley], 1763.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 26 x 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTS2033 .A23 1763+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Twelve designs.
Engravings by Robert Pranker and John Hall; after Edward Abbott.
Engraved t.p. Parallel title information in English and French printed in separate cartouches.
"Printed for A. Webley in Holbourn near Chancery Lane, and to be had of the author E. Abbott at his House in Long Acre."--Foot of title page.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Carriages and carts -- Great Britain -- Catalogs -- Early works to 1800.Carriages and carts -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1763.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.