IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Furniss, Harry, 1854-1925, [Ten illustrations by Harry Furniss, made for Gilbert Abbott à Beckett's Comic Blackstone], [1887?]
[Ten illustrations by Harry Furniss, made for Gilbert Abbott à Beckett's Comic Blackstone].
- [London] : [s.n.], [1887?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all col. ill. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN6231.L4 A24 1887+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- 10 wood engravings by Joseph Swain; after Henry Furniss.
The 1887 edition is the first edition with illustrations after Henry Furniss. Cf. Opyrchal.
Opyrchal, A. Harry Furniss, 1854-1925, p. 20
BAC: British Art Center copy plates are the artist's proof copies, before letters. Unbound.
- Subject Terms:
- À Beckett, Gilbert Abbott, 1811-1856. Comic Blackstone. -- Illustrations.English wit and humor -- Pictorial works.Law -- Great Britain -- Anecdotes, facetiae, satire, etc.Law -- Great Britain -- Humor -- Pictorial works.
- Wood engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1887.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.