Chemical amusement : comprising a series of curious and instructive experiments in chemistry, which are easily performed and unattended by danger / by Fredrick Accum, Operative Chemist, Lecturer on Practical Chemistry, on Mineralogy, and on Chemistry applied to the Arts and Manufactures, Member of the Royal Irish Academy, Fellow of the Linnæan Society, Member of the Royal Academy of Sciences, and of the Royal Society of Arts of Berlin, &c. &c.
- The second edition, with plates, and considerably enlarged.
- London : Printed for Thomas Boys, 3, Paternoster-Row, near Cheapside, 1818.
- Physical Description:
- xxxvi, 360, , 59,  p., II leaves of plates : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQD38 .A23 1818Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Engravings by Wilson Lowry.
Printed by Barnard and Farley, Skinner St., London.
Edition statement transposed; precedes author's name on title page.
"A descriptive catalogue of chemical apparatus and instruments manufactured and sold by Fredrick Accum.": , 59,  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-stamped smooth calf. Bookplate: John Jeane Coney. Ms chemical formula tipped in at end of volume.
- Subject Terms:
- Barnard and Farley -- Printer.Boys, T. -- Publisher.Chemistry -- Experiments.Coney, John Jeane -- Bookplate.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1818.Science -- Great Britain.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.