A treatise on adulterations of food, and culinary poisons : exhibiting the fraudulent sophistications of bread, beer, wine, spiritous liquors, tea, coffee, cream, confectionery, vinegar, mustard, pepper, cheese, olive oil, pickles, and other articles employed in domestic economy, and methods of detecting them / by Fredrick Accum, operative chemist, lecturer on practical chemistry, mineralogy, and on chemistry applied to the arts and manufactures; member of the Royal Irish Academy; Fellow of the Linnean Society; member of the Royal Academy of Sciences, and of the Royal Society of Arts of Berlin, &c, &c.
- Additional Title(s):
Accum on culinary poisons
On culinary poisons
- London : Printed by J. Mallett, 59, Wardour Street, Soho. Sold by Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, Paternoster Row, 1820.
- Physical Description:
- , xvi, 372 p. : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTX531 .A23 1820Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Spine title: Accum on culinary poisons.
With an aquatint vignette on title page.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in illustrated green paper boards. Ink stamp: Withdrawn by the Wellcome Library.
- Subject Terms:
- Food adulteration and inspection -- Great Britain.Food contamination -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown -- Publisher.Mallett, Joseph -- Printer.Public health -- Great Britain.Wellcome Library -- Stamp.
- Aquatints -- 1820.
YCBA Collections Search
Accum, Friedrich Christian, 1769-1838, A treatise on adulterations of food, and culinary poisons , 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.