Ackermann, Rudolph, 1764-1834, Lessons for beginners in the fine art , 
Lessons for beginners in the fine art / by R. Ackermann.
- Additional Title(s):
Six lessons for beginners in the fine art
- London : R. Ackermann 96 Strand, 
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 22 x 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1135 .A35 1796 + OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title and publisher from cover, on publisher's circular engraved label.
Date of publication from plates.
Six lessons, in which the design becomes progressively more complete with each plate.
With small color specimens, applied by hand, accompanying the text.
Ford, P. Ackermann, p. 220
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 87
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in contemporary quarter green morocco and marbled boards, with publisher's printed title label on front cover. The word "Six" has been added (in pen and black ink) above the title. Autograph: J. Ridgway.
Date of publication from Abbey.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, R. -- PublisherDrawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Landscape painting -- Technique -- Early works to 1800.Ridgway, J. -- AutographWatercolor painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Watercolor painting -- Technique.
- Handbooks and manuals.
Aquatints -- 1796.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1796.
Drawing books -- England -- London -- 1796.