Line of march of a Bengal regiment of infantry.
- Additional Title(s):
Line of march of a Bengal regiment of infantry in Scinde
- [London] : Ackermann & Co., 96 Strand, London, [1845?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet ( p.) : ill. ; 8 x 711 cm. folded to 8 x 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS485.B48 L56 1845+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS485.B48 L56 1845+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Title page pasted to inside of front cover.
Cover title: Line of March of a Bengal Regiment of Infantry in Scinde.
Illustrations by George Edward Madeley.
Though dated 1830 in Abbey, the more likely date of publication is 1845. A description of the publication appears in the "Literary notices" of the Naval and Military Gazette of Nov. 22, 1845.
Accordion folded; affixed to narrow oblong portfolio.
Ford, J. Ackermann, p. 222
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 515
BAC: British Art Center has two copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's maroon cloth.
BAC: British Art Center has two copy 2 bound in publisher's maroon cloth. Ms inscription on verso of front cover: Wm. Allardyce with the author's kind regards. 25th Dec. 1845.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann & Co. -- Publisher.Bengal (India) -- History, Military -- Pictorial works.East India Company. Army -- Pictorial works.Great Britain. Army -- Colonial forces -- India -- Bengal -- Pictorial works.Panoramas -- India -- Specimens.
Authors' presentation copies (Provenance).
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1845.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.