Ackermann, Rudolph, 1764-1834, Ackermann's new drawing book of light and shadow in imitation of indian ink, 1812
Ackermann's new drawing book of light and shadow in imitation of indian ink.
- Additional Title(s):
New drawing book of light and shadow.
- London : Printed by L. Harrison and J.C. Leigh, 373, Strand, for R. Ackermann, Repository of Arts, 101, Strand, 1812.
- Physical Description:
- , ii, , 24 leaves of plates : ill. ; 24 x 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND2460 .A35 1812+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Aquatint engravings by Thomas Sutherland and John Bluck; after Evans.
An earlier edition was published in 1809.
Ford, P. Ackermann, p. 220
Bicknell, P. Gilpin to Ruskin, p. 31
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary half roan and marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Brush drawing.Harrison, L. -- Printer.Leigh, J.C. -- Printer.Shades and shadows.Watercolor painting, British.
- Drawing books.
Aquatints -- 1812 .
Drawing books -- England -- London -- 1812.
- 1. At Battersea
- 2. Bonner Hall
- 3. At Sydenham
- 4. Dinas Mouddy, Montgomeryshire
- 5. Chelsea
- 6. Lincoln
- 7. Milin y Dol, Montgomeryshire
- 8. Conway Gate
- 9. Harbourn near Birmingham
- 10. Dulwich
- 11. Llangothlin
- 12. Dulwich
- 13. View on teh Coast of Cornwall
- 14. Cottage, Thames, Battersea
- 15. Caernarvon Castle, N. Wales
- 16. On the Thames near Battersea
- 17. Near Dulwich
- 18. Beckenham
- 19. Conway Castle, N.W.
- 20. Westminster
- 21. Barmouth
- 22. Tilbury Fort
- 23. Harlick Castle, N.W.
- 24. Kennelworth Castle, Warwickshire.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.