Allen, William, 1793-1864, The Dead Sea, a new route to India , 1855
- The Dead Sea, a new route to India : with other fragments and gleanings in the east / by Captain William Allen.
- London : Longman, Brown, Green, and Longman, 1855.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS110 D38 A55 1855Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
BAC: Binders label reads: Bound by Westleys & Co.
Printed by A. and G.A. Spottiswoode, New-Street-Square.
Illustrations by M. & N. Hanhart; after William Allen. Printed by Hullmandel & Walton.
Abbey, J.R. Travel 365
MUDD WB 43602: Vol. 1 Poor condition.
- Subject Terms:
- Dead Sea (Israel and Jordan) -- Description and travel.Hullmandel & Walton -- Printer.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1855.Longman, Brown, Green, and Longman -- Publisher.Middle East -- Description and travel.Spottiswoode, A. and G.A. -- Printer.Westleys & Co. -- Binder.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.