Geometrical and graphical essays : containing a description of the mathematical instruments used in geometry, civil and military surveying, levelling and perspective; with many new problems, illustrative of each branch / by George Adams, ...
- London : Printed for the author, by R. Hindmarsh; and sold by the author, 1791.
- Physical Description:
- , xvi, 500 p., , 32 leaves of plates (some folded) ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQA71 A21 1791Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Signatures: [A]2 a8 B-Ii8 Kk2
English short title catalogue, T088416.
BAC: Advertisements: p. xii-xiv.
BAC: Catalogue of mathematical and philosophical instruments, made and sold by George Adams: p. 486-500.
Illustrations by J[ohn] Lodge; after T. Milne.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1791.Geometry -- Early works to 1800.Hindmarsh, Robert, 1759-1835. -- Printer.Mathematical instruments -- Early works to 1800.Mathematics -- Early works to 1800.
YCBA Collections Search
Adams, George, 1750-1795, Geometrical and graphical essays , 1791
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.