Passages in the life of a soldier, or, Military service in the East and West / by Lieut.-Colonel Sir James E. Alexander, Knt., K.C.L.S. ; fellow of the Royal Geographical and Asiatic Societies, etc. ; in two volumes.
- Additional Title(s):
Passages in the life of a soldier
Military service in the East and West
- London : Hurst and Blackett, Publishers, successors to Henry Colburn, 13, Great Marlborough Street, 1857.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA68.32.A44 P37 1857Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Printed by Schulze & Co., Poland Street, London.
Plates signed: J.E. Alexander; Stannard & Dixon.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind-stamped red publisher's cloth. Armorial bookplate: Sir Joseph Radcliffe, Bart., Rudding Park.
- Subject Terms:
- Alexander, James Edward, Sir, 1803-1885.Crimean War, 1853-1856.Great Britain. Army -- Military life.Great Britain. Army -- Personal narratives.Hurst and Blackett -- Publisher.Radcliffe, Joseph, Sir -- Bookplate.Schulze & Co. -- Printer.Soldiers -- Great Britain -- Biography.
- Armorial Bookplates (Provenance)
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1857.
YCBA Collections Search
Alexander, James Edward, Sir, 1803-1885, Passages in the life of a soldier, or, Military service in the East and West , 1857
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.