Sketches in Portugal, during the civil war of 1834 / by James Edward Alexander ... ; with observations on the present state and future prospects of Portugal.
- London : James Cochrane and co., 1835.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 328 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., map ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDP525 A34 1835Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 143
BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy.
Printed by Maurice and Co., Fenchurch Street, London.
Map engraved by J[ohn] and C[harles] Walker.
Illustrations by J[ames] E[dward] A[lexander]; after J. Clark.
- Subject Terms:
- Cochrane (James) and co. -- Publisher.Maurice and co. -- Printer.Montefiore, Moses, Sir, 1784-1885 -- Bookplate.Portugal -- Description and travel.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1835.
YCBA Collections Search
Alexander, James Edward, Sir, 1803-1885, Sketches in Portugal, during the civil war of 1834 , 1835
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.