Travels from India to England : comprehending a visit to the Burman Empire, and a journey through Persia, Asia Minor, European Turkey, &c. in the years 1825-26 : containing a chronological epitome of the late military operations in Ava : an account of the proceedings of the present mission from the supreme government of India to the court of Tehran, and a summary of the causes and events of the existing war between Russia and Persia : with sketches of natural history, manners, and customs, and illustrated with maps and plates / by James Edward Alexander ...
- London : Parbury, Allen, and Co., 1827.
- Physical Description:
- xv, , 301 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., maps ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG490 A38 1827+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsG490 A38 1827+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 520
BAC: British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy; copy 2 is bound in original wrappers.
Illustrations by Richard James Lane, Thomas Mann Baynes, William Sharp, A. Hoffy and William Gauci; after J[ames] E[dward] A[lexander].
Printed by J.L. Cox, Great Queen Street, Lincoln's-Inn Field.
- Subject Terms:
- Asia -- Description and travel.Cox, J. L. -- Printer.India -- Description and travel.Parbury, Allen, and Co. -- Publisher.Voyages and travels.
- Lithographs -- 1827.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1827.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Alexander, James Edward, Sir, 1803-1885, Travels from India to England , 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.