Alken, Henry Thomas, 1784-1851, The Funeral procession of Arthur, Duke of Wellington, 
The Funeral procession of Arthur, Duke of Wellington [graphic] / H. Alken and G.A. Sala exc.
- London : Published March 1, 1853, by Ackermann & Co., 96, Strand, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 print on 27 joined sheets : hand-colored aquatint ; sheets end-to-end 14 x 2042 cm, accordion folded to to 14 x 37 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2015 28Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Title from front cover, stamped in gilt on publisher's red cloth folder.
The lower margin of the panorama identifies individuals and regiments depicted.
Magee, D.B. Victoria R.I., no. 1687
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 597
BAC: British Art Center is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original red cloth folder, title lettered in gilt on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Funeral processions.Funeral rites and ceremonies -- Great Britain.Funeral service -- Great Britain.Military funerals -- Great Britain.Wellington, Arthur Wellesley, Duke of, 1769-1852 -- Death and burial.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1853.
Panoramas -- England -- London.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.