Book of aquatint landscapes / drawn and engraved by S. Alken.
- London : Published as the Act directs, January 1, 1794, by Darling and Thompson, engravers, printers, and printsellers, to their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of York, Great Newport Street; and M. Chamberlin, No. 51, Great Russel Street, Bloomsbury, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 23 x 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8213 .A45 1794+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
Abbey, J. R. Life, 90
BAC: Original stitched blue wrappers.
Illustrations by and after S. Alken.
There is another issue of this title, also published in 1794, with an additional 6 illustrations.
- Subject Terms:
- Aquatints, British -- Early works to 1800.Chamberlain, M. -- Publisher.Chron. -- 1794.Darling and Thompson -- Publisher.Landscape in art -- Early works to 1800.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1794.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.