The student's treasure : a new drawing book, consisting in a variety of etchings and engravings executed by Irish artists, after the following great masters, viz : Angelica, Cipriani, Bartolozzi, Wheatly, Vivaries, West, Bertrand, Rowlandson, Stubbs, Zucchi, Mortimer, Howit, Gilray, Boucher, Gainsborough, &c. &c.
- Dublin [Ireland] : Printed and published for William Allen, map and print seller No. 32, New-Buildings, Dame-Street, MDCCLXXXIX .
- Physical Description:
- 8,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC660 .S78 1789+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engraved vignette on t.p.
"A descriptive sketch. The following lines, taken from the manuscript by Mr. W. P. Carey, (in a collection of his poems now preparing for the Press) are so applicable to our subject and do so much credit to his judgment as an artist, and abilities as a poet, that the publisher is happy in having it in his power to give this extract"-P. -.
Final plate possibly not part of work as originally issued.
- Subject Terms:
- Allen, William. -- Publisher.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Engraving, Irish -- Early works to 1800.
- Drawing books.
Handbooks and manuals.
Soft-ground etchings -- 1789.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.