An account of the visit of His Royal Highness the Prince Regent : with Their Imperial and Royal Majesties the Emperor of all the Russias and the King of Prussia, to the Corporation of London, in June 1814.
- Additional Title(s):
Account of the entertainment given to Field Marshal His Grace the Duke of Wellington, by the Corporation of London, in the Guildhall, on the 9th of July 1814.
- London : Printed by order of, and for, the Corporation of the City of London, by Nichols, Son, and Bentley, Red Lion Passage, Fleet Street, 
- Physical Description:
- 101, 59 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA683 A23 1814+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Divisional t.p. and separate pagination for: An account of the entertainment given to Field Marshal His Grace the Duke of Wellington, by the Corporation of London, in the Guildhall, on the 9th of July 1814.
Privately printed for distribution to the Lord Mayor, Aldermen and Commons of the City of London, on thick paper with wide margins. At first sight the book appears to be large paper, but an examination fo the aquatint frontispiece shows that the size of the plate would have made a smaller page impossible. Cf. Abbey.
Date of publication from Abbey.
The two plates consist of an aquatint "View of the interior of Guildhall as it appeared at the royal entertainment ..." and an engraved "Plan of Guildhall as fitted up for the entertainment ...".
Engraved vignette on t.p.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 254
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in gilt-stamped calf. With armorial bookplate of Sir William Curtis, whose name appears second in the list of Aldermen at the beginning.
- Subject Terms:
- Alexander I, Emperor of Russia, 1777-1825.City of London (England). Court of Common Council.Corporation of the City of London -- Publisher.Curtis, William, Sir -- Bookplate.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1814.Frederick William III, King of Prussia, 1770-1840.George IV, King of Great Britain, 1762-1830.Guildhall (London, England)Nichols, Son, and Bentley -- Printer.Visits of state -- Great Britain.
- Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1814.
YCBA Collections Search
An account of the visit of His Royal Highness the Prince Regent , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.