Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616, Shakspeare's seven ages of man , 1824
- Shakspeare's seven ages of man / illustrated by Henry Alken.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Shakespeare's seven ages of man
Seven ages of man
As you like it. Selections
- London : Published by E. and C. M'Lean, 1824.
- Physical Description:
-  leaf,  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 28 x 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2803.A3 A45 1824+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2803.A3 A45 1824+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title.
Consists of seven colored etchings, dated "June 20th, 1824" and accompanied by a page of text quoting from "As you like it" (Shakespeare's Seven ages of man).
Abbey, J.R. Life, 256
Tooley, R.V. Coloured plates (1979 ed.), 47
BAC: British Art Center has two copies, both bound in publisher's original printed wrappers.. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Letterpress leaf is bound at the front. In copy 2 the letterpress leaf is bound in at the end.
- Subject Terms:
- E. and C. M'Lean -- PublisherShakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- Illustrations.
- Soft-ground etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1824.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.