Anacreontis Odaria / ad textus Barnesiana fidem emendata ; accedunt varie lectiones curâ Edvardi Forster, A.M., Reg. Societ. et Antiq. Societ. Lond. Soc.
- Additional Title(s):
- Londini : Sumptibus editoris excudebant Gul. Bulmer et Soc. et prostant apud J. White et G. Miller, MDCCCII 
- Physical Description:
- , 130 p. : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPA3865 .A1 1802Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Text in Greek, with Latin notes.
Head- and tail-pieces.
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v. 1, 1008
BAC: British Art Center copy printed on vellum. Bound in morocco, with gilt stamped strapwork; gauffered edges; in a case with marbled boards. Binder's ticket: C.L. [i.e. Charles Lewis] Duke St., St. James's, London. Bookplates of J.R. Abbey and Mortimer L. Schiff. Ms. note and printed cutting from a sale catalog describing this copy as being "from Lord Vernon's Collection" pasted to inside of upper board.
- Subject Terms:
- Abbey, J. R. (John Roland), 1896-1969 -- Bookplate.Bulmer, W. -- Printer.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1802.Lewis, Charles -- Binder.Miller, G. -- Bookseller.Schiff, Mortimer L. -- Bookplate.Vernon, Lord -- Provenance.White, J. -- Bookseller.
- Gauffered edges (Binding)
Interlace bindings (Binding)
Vellum printings (Printing)
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.