To India and back by the Cape / by a traveller ; with numerous drawings on wood and stone, by John Corbet Anderson, from sketches by the author and others.
- Croydon : Published by John C. Anderson, 1858.
- Physical Description:
- , 28,  p., 18 [i.e. 19] leaves of plates : ill., map ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG137 .A53 1858+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- By C.R. Francis.
Includes wood-engraved illustrations, and a map, within the text; two of these are signed: W. Earl.
Printed by W.H. Crockford, Blackheath Road, Greenwich.
"Subscriber's copy."--Title page.
"List of subscribers."-- p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original gilt- and blind-stamped blue cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Anderson, John C. -- Publisher.Atlantic Ocean -- Description and travel.Crockford, W. H. -- Printer.Indian Ocean Region -- Description and travel.Voyages and travels.
- Wood engravings -- 1858.
Lithographs -- 1858.
- Lithographs: 1. Madeira
- 2. Teneriffe
- 3. Crossing the line
- 4. Off Martin Vas, and Trinidad
- 5. Trastan da Cunha
- 5a. Off the Cape, in 40° south, sighting an iceberg
- 6. The Mauritius
- 7. Ceylon
- 8. Madras
- 9. At the sand-heads
- 10. Calcutta
- 11. Bombay
- 12. After a hurricane, off the Mauritius
- 13. Off the Cape
- 14. Table Bay
- 15. St. Helena
- 16. Ascension
- 17. Home
- 18. (Thirteen figures of sea creatures).