Specimens of polyautography : consisting of impressions taken from original drawings made purposely for this work.
- London : Published ... by P. André ... and J. Heath ..., 30th April 1803.
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes (12 prints) : lithographs ; volumes 44 x 57 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2014 19Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- The first lithographic prints published in England. Among the artists represented are Henry Fuseli, Conrad Gessner, Thomas Stothard, and Benjamin West.
The lithographs are mounted on engraved frames with borders in aquatint.
Twyman, M. Lithography, 1800-1850, p. 27-28
Man, F.H. Lithography in England. In: Prints selected by C. Zigrosser, p. 97-130
BAC: British Art Center copy in publisher's original blue wrappers, in two parts (stitched). With lithographed title panel affixed to the cover of both parts. The frames are on paper with watermark "J Whatman 1801." From the collection of Princess Augusta of England, with her autograph on the cover of both parts.
- Subject Terms:
- Augusta Sophia, Princess, daughter of George III, King of Great Britain, 1768-1840 -- Autograph.Lithographers -- England.Lithography, English.
- Lithographs -- 1803.
- Contents (titles from F.H. Man; items are listed in the order found in the copy at the Yale Center for British Art): [Volume 1] Angel of the Resurrection / Benjamin West
- The lost apple / Thomas Stothard
- Landscape with old trees by water / Henry Richard Greville Warwick
- Old trees with old man, a girl and a dog / Richard Corbould
- Charge / Robert Ker Porter
- Landscape with large trees / Richard Cooper
- [volume 2] A woman sitting by the window / Henry Fuseli
- Old tree / Thomas Hearne
- Eastern patriarch / James Barry
- Cavalry charging / Conrad Gessner
- Young boy seated / Thomas Barker
- Resting, men and dogs under a big tree / William Delamotte.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.