Lessons in flower painting. : a series of easy and progressive studies, drawn and coloured after nature. / by James Andrews.
- Additional Title(s):
Andrews's lessons in flower painting
- London : Charles Tilt, Fleet Street., .
- Physical Description:
- 4 p., 24 leaves of plates : ill. ; 19 x 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7680 .A53 1836+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Publication date from NUC, pre-1956.
Cover title: Andrews's lessons in flower painting.
National union catalog, pre-1956 imprints, v. 16, p. 410
Each plate has a protective leaf.
Plates organized in pairs; each pencil-line drawing is paired with a hand-colored example.
Plates read: "J. Andrews inv. et lith.; published by Charles Tilt, 86 Fleet Street, Printed by J. Graf."
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind and gilt-tooled green publisher's cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Anderson, George, Mrs. -- Autograph, Bay View, Bervie.Andrews, James, fl. 1830-1861, lithographer.Botanical illustration -- 19th century -- Great Britain.Botanical illustration.Color.Drawing books -- Specimens.Flowers in art -- Great Britain.Graf, J., printer.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Hummer, Hearlie -- Autograph.Painting -- Technique.Tilt, Charles, 1797-1861, publisher.
- Drawing books -- Great Britain -- 19th century.
Textbooks -- Great Britain -- 19th century.
Manuals (Handbooks) -- Great Britain -- 19th century.
Lithographs -- 1836..
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1836.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.