Agricola, Description of the Barossa Range and its neighbourhood, in South Australia , 1849
- Description of the Barossa Range and its neighbourhood, in South Australia / by Agricola ; illustrated with maps and coloured plates, from original drawings made on the spot, by George French Angas.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Barossa Range, South Australia
- London : Published by Smith, Elder, and Co., Cornhill, 1849.
London : Printed by G. Barclay, Castle St., Leicester Sq., 
- Physical Description:
- 19,  pages,  leaves of plates, ( folded) : illustrations, maps ; 38 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDU330.B32 A37 1849+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- With tinted lithographs, printed by M. & N. Hanhart.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 580
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original cream printed paper wrappers.
- Plates: Sketch map of the country comprising the seven special surveys -- Plan of special surveys in the Barossa Range, South Australia -- Lynedoch Valley looking towards the Barossa Range -- Terraworta on the Gawler River -- Salem Valley from the road to German Pass. Lindsay House in the distance -- Sheepshearing in the Barossa. (Sunset) -- The township of Angaston. German Pass, Evening -- Opening of the Free Chapel at Angaston. German Pass. Feby 28th 1844.
- Subject Terms:
- Barossa Valley (S. Aust.) -- Description and travel.Barossa Valley (S. Aust.) -- Pictorial works.Landscapes -- Australia -- Barossa Valley (S. Aust.)
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1849.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.