- Paris : Arnauld de Vresse, [between 1850 and 1868]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (  p.) : chiefly ill. ; 18 x 295 cm, folded to 18 x 13 cm, attached to boards 18 x 14 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsUC485.F8 A76 1850Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Panorama showing 38 figures of cavalry and foot soldiers, mostly of the Napoleonic Garde Impériale, in uniform.
Imprint from the foot of the first illustration.
The publisher Arnauld de Vresse flourished between 1850 and 1868. He published a similar title, in folio, by A. Lançon, in 1861. Cf. Lipperheide QK61.
"Imp. Becquet, à Paris."--P. .
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt- and blind-stamped green cloth publisher's binding. Ms inscription on recto of lower board: Henry J. L. Wood with Aunt Kate's love March 23. 1868. Label mounted on recto of lower board: Librairie Lafon à Pau
- Subject Terms:
- Aunt Kate -- Pres. insc. to Henry J. L. Wood, March 23. 1868.France. Armée -- Uniforms -- History -- 19th century -- Pictorial works.Librairie Lafon à Pau -- Provenance.Military uniforms -- Pictorial works.Soldiers -- France -- Pictorial works.Wood, Henry J. L. -- Pres. insc. from Aunt Kate, March 23. 1868.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1850-1868.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.