The Venture; an annual of art and literature.
- London, J. Baillie, [1903-1905]
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. illus., fronts., plates (part col., part mounted) 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsIn Process PR1149 .V4 1903Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Melville and Naomi StoneView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BEIN Purdy 364: Volume for 1903 only. Bookseller's label: The Brick Row Book Shop, Inc., 104 High St., New Haven, Conn.
Housman's "The oracle" was first printed in v. for 1903, p. 39. In addition to the editors, Masefield, Chesterton, Hardy and Francis Thompson are among the contributors.
"When bony death has chilled her gentle blod," by John Masefield, p. 1, 1903 vol. is listed in Literary Contents with title "Beauty's mirror". Cf. His Blindness, p. 74 of 903 vol.
Volume for 1903 includes a poem by Thomas Hardy, "The market girl: a country song," (p. 10).
Tinker Library, 1245
Purdy, R.L. Hardy, p. 144
Edited by L. Housman and W.S. Maugham.
- Subject Terms:
- English literature -- 20th century.
- Booksellers' labels (Provenance) -- Brick Row Book Shop.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.