Johnson, Samuel, 1709-1784, Thoughts on the late transactions respecting Falkland's Islands, 1771
Thoughts on the late transactions respecting Falkland's Islands.
- London : Printed for T. Cadell ..., 1771.
- Physical Description:
- , 75,  p. ; 21 cm. (8vo)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF3031 J69 1771Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BEIN Tinker 1354: First edition, first state: leaf K2 uncancelled. Autograph: Samuel Johnson.
BEIN Tinker 1355: Imperfect: half-title wanting. First edition, first state: leaf K2 uncancelled.
BEIN Im J637 771b: Imperfect: half-title wanting. First edition, second state: leaf K2 cancelled; leaves K1 and K2 contiguous.
BEIN College Pamphlets 411 1: First edition, second state, leaf K2 cancelled. Autograph of J. R. 1771.
BAC: Probably first edition, first state: leaf K2 uncancelled.
BEIN 2000 2280: First edition, second state, leaf K2 cancelled. Uncut. 23 cm. Mr. Liebert's ms. note on case: 2nd issue, with p. 68 revised. From the library of Herman W. Liebert.
Fleeman calls this the 1st ed. and notes two states, the first without leaf K2 cancelled, the second with the cancel.
Final p. blank.
Tinker Library, 1355
Tinker Library, 1354
Courtney & Smith. Samuel Johnson (1925 ed.), p. 115-116
Fleeman, J.D. Johnson, 71.3FI/1a
Fleeman, J.D. Johnson, 71.3FI/1b
English short title catalogue, T50220
- Subject Terms:
- Brit tracts -- 1771.Cadell, T.. -- Publisher.Falkland Islands -- Early works to 1800.Great Britain -- Colonies -- Administration.Johnson, Samuel, 1709-1784 -- Autograph.Liebert, Herman W. -- Ms. notes.
- Annotations (Provenance) -- 20th century.
Cancellation (Publishing) -- England -- London. -- 1771.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.