The art of drawing in its various branches : exemplified in a course of twenty eight progressive lessons ... : without the aid of a master ... / by Thomas Smith.
- London : Sherwood, Gilbert & Piper, 1827.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 121, 7, 3 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC730 S65 1827Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: Publisher's advertisements:  p. at end.
Some plates dated 1824.
Printed by William Clowes, Northumberland-court, London.
Later published under title: Young artist's assistant in the art of drawing in water colours.
Color samples in text.
- Subject Terms:
- Clowes, William -- Printer.Drawing -- Technique -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Sherwood, Gilbert & Piper -- Publisher.Watercolor painting -- Technique -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Aquatints -- 1827.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1827.
Wood engravings -- 1827.
Stipple engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1827.
YCBA Collections Search
Smith, Thomas, fl. 1825, The art of drawing in its various branches , 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.