Hints to young practitioners in the study of landscape painting : illustrated by five engravings intended to show the different stages of the neutral tint / by J.W. Alston ; to which are added instructions in the art of painting on velvet.
- Third edition.
- London : Longman, Hurst, Rees & Orme, [1808?]
- Physical Description:
- 67, 16 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1354.5 A48 1808Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Printed by J. McCreery, Printer, Black Horse-court, Fleet-Street.
Publisher's advertisement  p. at end is dated Dec. 1, 1808.
Illustrations by and after J.W. Alston.
BAC: In original boards, as issued.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Etching -- Specimens -- [1808?].Landscape painting -- Technique.Longman, Hurst, Rees & Orme -- Publisher.McCreery, J. -- Printer.Watercolor painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Watercolor painting -- Technique.
- Handbooks and manuals.
Aquatints -- [1808?].
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- [1808?].
YCBA Collections Search
Alston, J. W. (J. William), Hints to young practitioners in the study of landscape painting , [1808?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.