The young visiters, or, Mr. Salteenas plan / by Daisy Ashford ; with a preface by J.M. Barrie.
- Additional Title(s):
Mr. Salteena's plan
- New York : George H. Doran Company, 1919.
- Physical Description:
- xix, 23-105 pages,  leaves of plates : portrait, facsimile ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR6001.S44 Y68 1919Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Barbara and Max Wilk, Yale BA 1941Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN Ip B276D 1919B: "Preface": p. v-xvii; "Contents":p xix; printed on heavy paper.
BEIN Ip B276D 1919C: "Contents": p. v; "Preface": p. vii-xix. Dust jacket.
BEIN Za V375 Zz919A: Extra illustrated with newspaper and magazine clippings about Daisy Ashford and the dramatic version of The young visiters. Presentation inscription from Carl Van Vechten to Fania Marinoff Van Vechten. "Contents": p. v; "Preface": p. vii-xix. Dust jacket.
BEIN Shirley 2901: "Contents" on p. v; "Preface" p. vii-xix. Bookseller's ticket: Foyle's, Charing Cross Rd., London, W.C.2.
BEIN Za B4365 Zz919A: "Contents": p. v; "Preface": p. vii-xix. Presentation inscription from Laura [Benét] to Frances Rose Benét. Accompanied by autograph letter, signed by Phoebe to Laura [Benét]; six newspaper clippings, including two poems by William Rose Benét. All accompanying material shelved separately. From the library of Thomas Carr Benét.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in light gray printed boards. Contents on p. v; Preface p. vii-xix.
"The unaided effort in fiction of an authoress of nine years."--Preface.
At least two variants exist: one with "Contents" on p. v and "Preface" p. vii-xix; the other with "Preface" p. v-xvii and "Contents" on p. xix.
- Subject Terms:
- Benét, Frances Rose -- Presentation inscription from L. Benét.Benét, Thomas Carr -- Ownership.Benét. Laura -- Presentation inscription to F.R. Benét.Children's writings, English.Friendship -- Juvenile fiction.Lewis, Miranda Wilmarth Shelder -- Ownership.Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964 -- Presentation inscription to F.M. Van Vechten.Van Vechten, Fania Marinoff -- Presentation inscription from C. Van Vechten.
Booksellers' labels (Provenance) -- Foyles.
Booksellers' labels (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
Ashford, Daisy, The young visiters, or, Mr. Salteenas plan , 1919
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.