Atkinson, James, 1794-1834, Account of the state of agriculture and grazing in New South Wales , 1826
- Account of the state of agriculture and grazing in New South Wales : including observations on the soils and general appearance of the country and some of its most useful natural productions : with an account of the various methods of clearing and improving lands, breeding and grazing livestock,erecting buildings, the system of employing convicts, and the expense of labour generally : the mode of applying for grants of land : with other information important to those who are about to emigrate to that country : the result of several years' residence and practical experience in those matters in the colony / James Atkinson ...
- London : J. Cross, 1826.
- Physical Description:
- 146 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsS478 N48 A84 1826Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy.
Abbey, J.R. Travel 572
BAC: Bound in original wrappers.
BAC: At foot of cover: Price seven shillings, or, including a large map and view of Sydney, fourteen shillings.
- Subject Terms:
- Agriculture -- Australia -- New South Wales.Convict labor -- Australia -- New South Wales.Cross, J. -- Publisher.Mayor, William -- Autograph.New South Wales -- History.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1826.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.