Varnedoe, Kirk, 1946-, High & low , c1990
High & low : modern art [and] popular culture / Kirk Varnedoe, Adam Gopnik.
- New York : Museum of Modern Art : c1990.
- Physical Description:
- 460 p. (some folded) : ill. (some col.) ; 31 cm.
- Reference LibraryN6447 V37 1990 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Published in conjunction with an exhibition held at the Museum of Modern Art, New York, Oct. 7, 1990-Jan. 15, 1991, the Art Institute of Chicago, Feb. 20-May 12, 1991, and the Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles, June 21-Sept. 15, 1991.
Bibliography: p. 429-449.
- Subject Terms:
- Advertising -- Exhibitions.Art, Modern -- 19th century -- Themes, motives -- Exhibitions.Art, Modern -- 20th century -- Themes, motives -- Exhibitions.Caricatures and cartoons -- Exhibitions.Comic books, strips, etc. -- Exhibitions.Graffiti -- Exhibitions.Popular culture -- Exhibitions.