Cocking and its votaries.
- [S.l. : Printed for private circulation, 1885]
- Physical Description:
- 36, i-iv p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF503 T38 1885Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Melville and Naomi StoneView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- BAC: British Art Center copy has original wrappers pasted in. Extra-illustrated with newspaper clippings, portraits, prints and views of cockfighting.
Illustrations by E. Hacker, T. Howitt, Sir Anthonie van Dyck, by John Roffe; after John Thomas Woodhouse, by John Romney; after Benjamin Marchall, by Thomas Cook; after William Hogarth, by Isaac Robert Cruikshank and George Cruikshank, by James Scott; after J. Barrenger, by William Raymond Smith; after D. Higgins.
Date from BM.
Dedication signed: S.A.T. [i.e. Taylor].
BAC: Bound by Rivière & Son.
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books, v. 24, p. 803.
- Subject Terms:
- Cockfighting -- Great Britain.Cockfighting -- Pictorial works.Rivière & Son -- Binder.Stone, Melville E. -- Provenance.
- Aquatints -- .
Wood engravings -- .
Engravings -- .
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- .
Extra-illustrated copies (Provenance)
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.