IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Landells, Ebenezer, 1808-1860, The girl's own toy-maker and book of recreation , 1863
The girl's own toy-maker and book of recreation / by E. Landells ... and his daughter, Alice Landells.
- Fourth edition, illustrated with upwards of two hundred engravings.
- London : Griffith and Farran ..., 1863.
- Physical Description:
- , vii, , 154, 32 p. : ill., plans ; 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1201 L34 1863Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Bound in gold-stamped green leather. Advertisements for other works published by Griffith and Farran p. -32 at end.
Instructions on making toys, doll clothes and furniture, and other models.
Illustrations engraved by Landells.
Printed by H.W. Hutchings.
Front cover design by John Leighton.
- Subject Terms:
- Amusements -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Bell, Cecilia Leonora Sophie -- Pres. insc. from Harry and Anna Hams.Dolls -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1865.Griffith and Farran -- Publisher.Hams, Harry and Anna -- Pres. insc. to Cecilia Leonora Sophie Bell.Hutchings, H.W. -- Printer.Toys -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Wertheimer and Co. -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.