Hoyle's games improved : consisting of practical treatises on whist, quadrille, piquet ..., with an essay on game cocks and the rules, etc.: at horse races wherein are comprised calculations for betting upon equal or advantageous terms / revised and corrected by Charles Jones, Esq.
- A new edition considerably enlarged.
- London : Printed for W. Lowndes ..., 1820.
- Physical Description:
- 502 p. ; 14 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 H78 1820Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Melville and Naomi StoneAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: This copy imperfect: p. 499-500 missing.
Printed by W. Shackell, Johnson's court, Fleet-street, London.
- Subject Terms:
- Board games -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Games -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Lowndes, W. -- Publisher.Playing cards -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Shackell, W. -- Printer.Stone, Melville E. -- Provenance.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.