Hogarth, William, 1697-1764, The works of William Hogarth , 
- The works of William Hogarth : in a series of one hundred and fifty steel engravings, by the first artists, with descriptions and a comment on their moral tendency / by the Rev. John Trusler ; to which are added, anecdotes of the author and his works, by J. Hogarth and J. Nichols.
- London ; London Printing and Pub. Co., 
New York : London Printing and Pub. Co., 
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND497 H7 A4 1833+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Melville and Naomi StoneAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center copy has 2 v. bound in 1.
BAC: British Art Center has another  edition published in London and New York by E. T. Brain & Company. 2 v.
Medical Historical Library volumes have bookplate of the bequest of Clements Collard Fry. Bookplate of Alice Goddard Du Bois.
- Subject Terms:
- Fry, Clements Collard, 1892-1955. -- Bookplate.Hogarth, William, 1697-1764.London Printing and Pub. Co. -- PublisherSteel engraving -- Specimens -- Stone, Melville E. -- Provenance
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.