Conversations on conditioning : the grooms' oracle, and pocket stable-directory : in which the management of horses generally, as to health, dieting, and exercise, are considered, in a series of familiar dialogues, between two grooms engaged in training horses to their work / with notes, and an appendix, including extracts from the receipt book of John Hinds, V.S. ; author of "The Veterinary Surgeon."
- Additional Title(s):
Grooms' oracle, and pocket stable-directory
- London : Printed for the author, for Sherwood, Gilbert, and Piper, 23, Paternoster Row : and Hurst, Chance, and Co. 65, St. Paul's-Church-Yard, 1829.
[London] : Marchant, printer, Ingram-Court, Fenchurch-Street
- Physical Description:
- xii, 274,  pages,  folded leaf of plates : color illustrations ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF285.3 .B32 1829Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- John Hinds is a pseudonym of John Badcock.
Frontispiece engraved by J. Brown, after Samuel Alken.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Publisher's advertisement:  page at end.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 133
Huth, F.H. Works on horses and equitation, 109
Buckley, A.K. The Keeneland Association Library, 8
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's brown quarter cloth and tan paper covered boards. White paper label printed in black on spine. In tan cloth slip-case; dark brown leather label with gold lettering on spine.
- Subject Terms:
- Adams, Joseph -- Stamp and inscription.Clark, Robert Sterling, d. 1956 -- Ownership.Horses -- Diseases.Horses -- Training.Horses.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1829.
YCBA Collections Search
Badcock, John, active 1816-1830, Conversations on conditioning , 1829
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.