Sketchley, William, The cocker , 1793
- The cocker : humbly inscribed to those gentlemen who are amateurs of the game cock, that prodigy of British valour / by a gentleman who has been in the habit of breeding these eight and twenty years.
- London : Printed for the author, by Allin and Ridge ..., 1793.
- Physical Description:
- 45,  p. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK503 S43 1793Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Melville and Naomi StoneAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: Blank forms at end  p., have been filled in with ms. notes on cocks. Some of the pages have been cut out.
- Subject Terms:
- Allin and Ridge -- Printer.Archer, Francis -- Autograph, 1813.Cockfighting -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Cockfighting -- History.Stone, Melville E. -- Provenance.Townley-Parker, J. Townley -- Bookplate.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.