Cooper, Abraham, 1787-1868, Impressions of a series of animals, birds, &c. illustratives of British field sports , 1821
- Impressions of a series of animals, birds, &c. illustratives of British field sports : from a set of silver buttons / drawn by A. Cooper ... and engraved by Mr. John Scott.
- London : Printed for J. H. Burn ... R. and S. Prowett, ... and to be had of all booksellers, 1821.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1719 C77 1821 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Melville and Naomi StoneAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1719 C77 1821 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Melville and Naomi StoneAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center has 2 copies. Both are large paper copies.
BAC: Copy 1: Review from Annals of Sports pasted to inside front cover.
BAC: Copy 1: Text for the "Setter" has cancel leaf attached.
BAC: Copy 1: Advertisements:  p. at end.
BAC: Copy 2: Text printed correctly for the "Setter". Bookplate of Joseph Manuel Adreini.
Added engraved t.p. reads: Impressions from a set of silver buttons relative to the sports of the field.
"Advertisement": signed Thomas Gosden. Text is from Thomas Bewick and William Butler Daniel.
- Subject Terms:
- Adreini, Joseph Manuel -- Bookplate.Animals in art.Burn, J. H. -- Publisher.Buttons -- Great Britain.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1821.Hunting -- Great Britain.Hunting in art.Sports in art.Stone, Melville E. -- Provenance.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.