Green, William, 1760-1823, [Views of English lakes], [between 1815 and 1827]
- [Views of English lakes]
- Ambleside [England] : W. Green, [between 1815 and 1827].
- Physical Description:
- 60 leaves : all ill. ; 22 x 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 L1 G73 1815+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations by and after William Green.
Title taken from spine.
A reissue of the 60 aquatints published in 1810, with accompanying volume of text with title: A description of sixty studies of nature.
Plates dated 1815; some leaves have watermark of 1827.
These plates are described in Green's The tourists' new guide, Kendal, 1819.
- Subject Terms:
- Lake region (England) -- Description and travel -- Views -- 19th century.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1815.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.