IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Ashmore, [Views in Scotland], Decr. 1793
[Views in Scotland].
- [Perth] : R. Morison & Son, Perth, Decr. 1793.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : ill. ; 23 x 29 cm. (4to)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA855 .S47 1793+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Aquatints by Francis Jukes; after Ashmore.
Imprint from plates.
BAC: British Art Center copy has 23 plates, uncolored. Bound in contemporary half calf and marbled boards. Bookplate: Alfred Shaw Mellor. Inscription: Alfred Shaw Mellor, presented by Mr. Henderson, June 1905.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- Scotland -- Early works to 1800.Henderson, Mr. -- Pres. insc. to Alfred Shaw Mellor, June, 1905.Landscapes -- Scotland -- Early works to 1800.Mellor, Alfred Shaw -- Bookplate.Mellor, Alfred Shaw -- Pres. insc. from Mr. Henderson, June, 1905.R. Morison & Son -- Publisher.Scotland -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.
- Aquatints -- 1793.
- Bridge over the Dochart at Killin
- Bridge at Ben More
- St. Fillan's Chapel and pool
- Loch Dochart Castle
- Kilchurn Castle, Loch Awe
- Fraoch Elan Castle, Loch Awe
- Inverary Castle
- Tunderagh Castle
- Loch Rest in Glencroe
- View from Rest and Be Thankfull
- Seat of the chieftain of the Clan Macfarlane
- Loch Lomon
- View of the River Bran from Ossian's Hall near Dunkild
- Ossian's Hall near Dunkeld
- Luncarty near Perth
- Dunglass Castle
- Moncrief House
- Dumbarton Castle
- Head of Loch Fyne.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.