Ashmore, [Views in Scotland], Decr. 1793
- [Views in Scotland].
- [Perth] : R. Morison & Son, Perth, Decr. 1793.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : ill. ; 23 x 29 cm. (4to)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA855 .S47 1793+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Aquatints by Francis Jukes; after Ashmore.
Imprint from plates.
BAC: British Art Center copy has 23 plates, uncolored. Bound in contemporary half calf and marbled boards. Bookplate: Alfred Shaw Mellor. Inscription: Alfred Shaw Mellor, presented by Mr. Henderson, June 1905.
- Finlarig-Castle -- Bridge over the Dochart at Killin -- Bridge at Ben More -- Dall-Mally -- St. Fillan's Chapel and pool -- Loch Dochart Castle -- Kilchurn Castle, Loch Awe -- Fraoch Elan Castle, Loch Awe -- Hayfield -- Inverary Castle -- Tunderagh Castle -- Loch Rest in Glencroe -- View from Rest and Be Thankfull -- Ardgarton -- Seat of the chieftain of the Clan Macfarlane -- Loch Lomon -- View of the River Bran from Ossian's Hall near Dunkild -- Ossian's Hall near Dunkeld -- Luncarty near Perth -- Dunglass Castle -- Moncrief House -- Dumbarton Castle -- Head of Loch Fyne.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- Scotland -- Early works to 1800.Henderson, Mr. -- Pres. insc. to Alfred Shaw Mellor, June, 1905.Landscapes -- Scotland -- Early works to 1800.Mellor, Alfred Shaw -- Bookplate.Mellor, Alfred Shaw -- Pres. insc. from Mr. Henderson, June, 1905.R. Morison & Son -- Publisher.Scotland -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.
- Aquatints -- 1793.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.