Atkinson, John Augustus, 1775-approximately 1833, A set of four : poet, miser, virtuoso, hypochondriac , 1824
A set of four : poet, miser, virtuoso, hypochondriac / by Atkinson.
- London : Published by G.S. Tregear, 37, Union Row, New Kent Road, 1824.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : all ill. ; 48 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 79 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Aquatint engravings after John Augustus Atkinson.
Plates have imprint: Pub. March 1, 1819, by Edwd. Orme, Bond Street.
"From the imprint it is evident that these plates appeared first in 1819, but whether in the same form or whether they were part of a larger book is not clear."--Abbey.
Another edition of this work was published with imprint: "London: Published by E. and C. M'Lean, 1824." See Abbey Life 258.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 257
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Cased with the M'Lean edition of this title (Abbey Life 257).
- Subject Terms:
- Caricature -- Great Britain.G. S. Tregear -- Publisher.Wit and humor, English.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1824.
- The poet
- The miser
- The virtuoso
- The hypochondriac.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.