Sixteen scenes taken from The miseries of human life / by one of the wretched.
- Additional Title(s):
Engravings to illustrate the Miseries of Human Life
- London : Published by Wm. Miller, Albemarle Street, March 1st 1807.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves,  leaves of plates : ill ; 20 x 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1475 .A85 1807Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 259
Cover title, on publisher's printed label: Engravings to illustrate the Miseries of human life by J.A. Atkinson. Price twelve shillings, boards. Printed for W. Miller, Albemarle Street.
With an engraved title page.
Of green leaf, bird, and flower: artists' books and the natural world, p. 196
Fairman, Elisabeth R. Pleasures and pastimes, 215
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original brown boards, with publisher's printed title label on front cover.
Etchings by and after John Augustus Atkinson for James Beresford's The miseries of human life, with short extracts from the text.
- Subject Terms:
- Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain.Miller, William -- Publisher.Satire, English.Wit and humor, Pictorial -- Great Britain.
Etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1807.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Atkinson, John Augustus, 1775-approximately 1833, Sixteen scenes taken from The miseries of human life , March 1st 1807
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.