Laclos, Choderlos de, 1741-1803, Les liaisons dangereuses , 1929
- Les liaisons dangereuses / by Choderlos de Laclos ; with illustrations by Alastair.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Liaisons dangereuses. English
- Paris : Black Sun Press, 1929.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPQ1993.L22 L53 1929+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "This edition ... translated by Ernest Dowson ... is limited to fifteen copies on Japan Paper, each copy supplemented by an original Alastair drawing, one thousand numbered copies on Moirans paper and five copies A, B,C,D,E, hors commerce."--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 745 of a limited edition of 1020 copies. In original printed wrappers, with glacine dust jackets.
BEIN Altschul +317: Vol. 1 is no. 745 (written in ink on the colophon); v. 2 is not numbered.
- Subject Terms:
- Black Sun Press -- Publisher.Chromoxlyography -- Specimens -- 1929.
- Epistolary novels -- France -- Paris -- 1929.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.