IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Laclos, Choderlos de, 1741-1803, Les liaisons dangereuses , 1929
Les liaisons dangereuses / by Choderlos de Laclos ; with illustrations by Alastair.
- Additional Title(s):
Liaisons dangereuses. English
- Paris : Black Sun Press, 1929.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPQ1993.L22 L53 1929+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- "This edition ... translated by Ernest Dowson ... is limited to fifteen copies on Japan Paper, each copy supplemented by an original Alastair drawing, one thousand numbered copies on Moirans paper and five copies A, B,C,D,E, hors commerce."--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 745 of a limited edition of 1020 copies. In original printed wrappers, with glacine dust jackets.
BEIN Altschul +317: Vol. 1 is no. 745 (written in ink on the colophon); v. 2 is not numbered.
- Subject Terms:
- Black Sun Press -- Publisher.Chromoxlyography -- Specimens -- 1929.
- Epistolary novels -- France -- Paris -- 1929.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.