Six views of Blenheim, Oxfordshire : the seat of His Grace the Duke of Marlborough / by J.P. Neale ; with an historical description of that magnificent edifice ; a complete list of pictures according to the present arrangement, including those lately removed from Marlborough House, London, &c.
- Additional Title(s):
Added engraved title page: Neale's views of Blenheim, Oxon.
Cover title, on publisher's printed label: Historical description of Blenheim, with six views.
- London : Published by Sherwood, Jones, and Co.; Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, Paternoster-Row; and Thomas Moule, Duke-Street, Grosvenor-Square. Also sold by J. Parker and J. Vincent, Oxford, 1823.
[London] : Printed by J. M'Creery, Tooks Court, Chancery-Lane, 
- Physical Description:
- 24 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 B635 N42 1823 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.B635 N42 1823 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by Richard Roffe, Thomas Jeavons, Thomas Barber, John Charles Varrall and James Redaway; after John Preston Neale.
Holmes, M. Country house described, p. 41
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Both copies bound in publisher's original quarter green morocco with brown paper covered boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Beaumont, Richard Blackett, b.1926 -- Bookplate.Blenheim Palace (England) -- Art collections.Blenheim Palace (England) -- Guidebooks.Marlborough, George Spencer Churchill, Duke of, 1766-1840 -- Art collections.
- Engravings -- 1823.
YCBA Collections Search
Neale, John Preston, 1780-1847, Six views of Blenheim, Oxfordshire , 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.