Dodsley, Robert, 1704-1764, The oeconomy of human life , 1772
- The oeconomy of human life : translated from an Indian manuscript written by an ancient Bramin : to which is prefixed an account of the manner in which the said manuscript was discovered in a letter from an English gentleman, residing in China to the Earl of ****.
- London : Printed for J. Dodsley, 1772.
- Physical Description:
- xxvi, 94 p. : ill. ; 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsHD8039 C49 H35 1773Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Melville and Naomi StoneAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: Bound with: State of chimney-sweepers young apprentices. London : Sold at Pamphlet-shops, 1773.
BAC: Bound in full red morocco, gilt back, gilt borders of roses and thistles sides. Initials MI (Miss James?) in center of front cover.
First published under title: The oeconomy of human life.
Also attributed to the Earl of Chesterfield. Cf. Evans 6836.
- Subject Terms:
- Conduct of life -- Early works to 1800.Dodsley, J. -- Printer.Hanway, Jonas, 1712-1786 -- Presc. insc. to Miss James, 1773.James, Miss -- Presc. insc. from Jonas Hanway, 1773.Maxims -- Early works to 1800.Stone, Melville E. -- Bookplate.
- Wood engravings -- 1772.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.